- Fully cooked ham slice (about 1-inch thick) – 1
- Butter – 1 tbsp.
- Onion (chopped) – 1/4 cup
- Worcestershire sauce – 1 tbsp.
- Tomato ketchup – 1/2 cup
- Brown sugar (packed, light or dark) – 2 tbsp.
- Cider vinegar – 2 tbsp.
- Kosher salt – 1/2 tsp.
- Freshly ground black pepper – 1/4 tsp.
- Water – 1/3 cup
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- At first, line a baking pan with aluminum foil and spray it with non-stick cooking spray lightly. Put the cooked ham slice in the baking pan.
- Place a saucepan over medium-low heat and add butter to melt. Then add the chopped onion to the melted butter. Sauté the chopped onion for about 3 minutes or until translucent.
- Then add water, tomato ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, salt, vinegar, and pepper. Stir well to combine and cook until hot or for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour this sauce mixture over the ham on the baking pan.
- Place it in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place the ham in a serving dish. Pour the sauce over and serve.
The barbecue sauce in this recipe needs just 5 to 10 minutes to prepare and then the ham slice is baked with this sauce in the oven to perfection.