Muffin is individually sized, baked bread product. They are similar to cupcakes in size and cooking procedure, but the main difference between them is: cupcakes tend to be sweet desserts using cake batter. Muffins are great lunch box filler.
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Whole wheat flour – 1/2 cup
- Baking soda – 1½ tsp.
- Salt – 1/4 tsp.
- Nutmeg – 1/8 tsp.
- Cinnamon – 1/8 tsp.
- Salted butter (melted) – 1/2 cup
- Large ripe bananas – 3
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Dark brown sugar – 1/4 cup
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Large egg – 1
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp.
- Walnuts – 3/4 cup
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Take a large mixing bowl and add all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Whisk them and set aside.
- Melt butter in a small pan and set aside.
- Mash bananas in a separate mixing bowl with a fork. Add butter, milk, sugars, egg and vanilla extract. Mix them to combine well.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix until combined, but don’t over mix.
- Fold the mixture in half the walnuts.
- Pour this batter into 12 greased muffin cups evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining walnuts on the top of the muffins.
- Place them into the preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out without wet batter and muffins are golden brown
- Remove muffins from the oven and allow cooling
These muffins are easy, tasty and full of flavor, so you must try this at home. Muffins may stick to the paper liners a bit, so you can prefer to use greased pans instead of paper liners.