Breakfast burrito is one kind of breakfast wrap, which consists of breakfast items wrapped inside a flour tortilla burrito. Breakfast is burrito typically prepared with the filling ingredients like bacon, eggs, cheese, potatoes, ham, onion, avocado, peppers, spinach, Canadian bacon, sausage, olives, tomato, beans and other ingredients.
- Eggs – 6
- Green chilies (chopped) – 2 tsp.
- Milk – 1 to 2 tbsp.
- Fully cooked breakfast sausage links (cut into small pieces) – 6
- Shredded hash brown potatoes (refrigerated) – 1 bag (4 ounce)
- Flour tortillas for burritos – 6
- Shredded Mexican cheese blend – 2 cups (8 ounce)
- Add 6 eggs, 1 to 2 tablespoons milk and 2 tablespoons of chopped green chiles in a medium-large bowl. Beat them until well blended.
- Place a medium skillet over medium heat and cook egg mixture until scrambled by stirring occasionally. Add sausage link pieces and cook a little. Set aside.
- Cook refrigerated shredded potatoes according to the direction written on bag and set aside.
- Assemble flour tortillas and top with the shredded cheese blend.Then spread the scrambled egg mixture and roll up each tortilla tightly to secure the inside filling.
- Place in a serving dish and serve immediately.
If you want to freeze, then wrap each burrito with paper towel and then wrap with aluminum foil. Freeze. To reheat, discard the aluminium foil and bake each frozen burrito for 2 minutes 30 seconds on high heat.