Tortillas are one kind of soft and thin flatbread which is made from an unleavened, water-based dough of finely ground wheat flour. Here is a simple and tasty tortilla recipe for breakfast.
- Fajita-size flour tortillas – 10 (6 inch)
- Ground pork sausage – 1/2 package (16 ounce)
- Large eggs – 6
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Shredded Colby-Jack cheese blend – 1/2 cup
- Salsa (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Wrap flour tortillas in aluminum foil, and place in oven. Bake at 250° F for about 10 minutes.
- Subsequently, add sausage in a medium skillet over medium-high heat and cook for about 8 minutes or until sausage crumbles. Stir occasionally during cooking. Drain and remove sausage from the skillet; pat dry with paper towels.
- Wipe the skillet clean and reduce the heat to medium.
- Add eggs and 2 tablespoons of water in a medium bowl and whisk well. Spray the same skillet with cooking spray and pour the egg mixture. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until eggs begin to set on bottom without stirring. Gently draw cooked edges to form large pieces and cook for 2 minutes or until eggs are thickened but still moist; stir occasionally, but don’t overstir.
- Spread sausage crumbles and eggs evenly on each tortilla. Sprinkle with blended cheese and roll up tortillas.
- Place them on a serving plate and serve with sour cream, sauce or salsa.
If you want to freeze, then wrap each tortilla with paper towel and then wrap with aluminum foil. Freeze. To reheat, discard the aluminum foil and bake each frozen burrito for 2 minutes 30 seconds on high heat.