Smoothies are thick drink which is made by blending raw fruits or vegetables with other ingredients like water, crushed ice, dairy products or sweeteners. A smoothie containing dairy products is similar to a milkshake, although the latter typically contains less fruit and often contains ice cream. Here is a simple smoothie recipe, which contains cocoa powder, milk and banana.
- Fresh or frozen banana (sliced) – 1 large
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 2 to 3 tsp.
- Milk – 3/4 cup
- Ice cube – 2
- Honey or sugar – 1/2 tbsp.
- Peel off and slice banana. Add banana slices and milk into the blender jug.
- Add cocoa powder, sugar or honey and ice cubes into the jug.
- Blend them until smooth and there are no chunks of banana.
- Pour the prepared banana chocolate smoothie into the serving glass and serve.
You can substitute cocoa powder with the same amount of chocolate syrup. If you want to make a thicker smoothie, then use frozen banana or increase the amount of banana.