A pancake is a flat cake, prepared with a starch-based batter that may contain egg, milk, and butter. It is cooked in a hot pan like frying pan and often frying with oil or butter.
In chocolate pancake and summer berry recipe, we have used frozen berries for convenience.
- Self-rising flour – 1 Cup
- Egg – 1
- Low-fat milk – 1 Cup
- Cocoa powder (good quality) – 1 Tbsp
- Sugar – 1 Tbsp
- Mixed berries (frozen) – 1 Cup
- Water – 1/4 Cup
- 1 Tsp Cornflour mixed with 2 Tbsp cold water
- Cooking spray
- Sift flour and cocoa into a medium size bowl.
- Mix well in the center and add sugar, egg, and milk.
- Stir well until the mixture smooth. Keep the mixture in the fridge until ready to cook.
- Meanwhile, add mixed berries in a small saucepan with water and simmer them for 5 minutes. Add this mixture in the corn flour mixture and stir until thickened. Then turn off heat.
- Take out the egg-milk mixture from the fridge, if it then very thick, then add a little milk to help thin it out.
- Preheat a non-stick medium frying pan with a little cooking spray, over medium heat. Pour about 1/4 cup into the pan and cook until bubbles form on the flop or cook until golden brown.
- Serve with warmed berries.