- Self rising flour – 1 Cup
- Egg – 1
- Low fat milk – 1 Cup
- Cocoa powder (good quality) – 1 Tbsp
- Sugar – 1 Tbsp
- Mixed berries (frozen) – 1 Cup
- Water – 1/4 Cup
- 1 Tsp Cornflour mixed with 2 Tbsp cold water
- Cooking spray
- Sliced strawberries or sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- Sift flour and cocoa into a medium size bowl.
- Mix well in the center and add sugar, egg and milk.
- Stir well until the mixture smooth. Keep the mixture in the fridge until ready to cook.
- Meanwhile, add mixed berries in a small saucepan with water and simmer them for 5 minutes. Add this mixture in the corn flour mixture and stir until thickened. Then turn off heat.
- Take out the egg-milk mixture from the fridge, if it then very thick, then add a little milk to help thin it out.
- Preheat a non-stick medium frying pan with a little cooking spray, over medium heat. Pour about 1/4 cup into the pan and cook for 1 – 2 minutes or until bubbles form on the flop or cook until golden brown.
- Turn pancake over carefully and cook for 1 – 2 minutes or until pancakes are well cooked.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over the pancakes and serve warm by garnishing with desired toppings.
This is a sweet and tasty chocolate pancake which is best eaten with fresh fruits. You may use strawberry or other sweet fruits or whipped cream to garnish.