Salad is a dish contains a mixture of small pieces of food, like vegetables with sauce or salad dressing. Here is a potato salad recipe, which is made from boiled potatoes and with some other ingredients. Salads are generally considered a side dish, because it accompanies the main dish.
- Potatoes – 2 pounds
- Bacon – 4 slices
- Chicken broth – 2 cups
- White wine vinegar – 1/4 cup
- Onions (diced) – 1 cup
- Salt – 1 tsp. Or to taste
- Sugar – 1 tsp. Or to taste
- Ground white pepper – 1/4 tsp.
- Vegetable oil – 1/4 cup
- Mild brown mustard – 2 tbsp.
- Chives (snipped) – 1/2 bunch
- Place the potatoes in a medium pot with salted water over medium low heat and boil for about 15 – 18 minutes or until just tender. Drain the water and peel off the skins of potatoes and slice them into 1/2-inch thick.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salad dressing. Place the bacon in a medium pan over medium-high heat and cook until the bacon is crisp and the fat has rendered. Place the bacon on a plate by using a slotted spoon and crumble it into small pieces.
- Place the chicken broth, onions, vinegar, sugar, pepper and salt in a medium pot over medium-high heat and cook.
- Add olive oil and mustard into the warm potato slices and combine well. Pour the prepared chicken broth-vinegar mixture over the potatoes and combine.
- Toss the prepared potatoes in the crumbled bacon and chives.
- Place the salad in a serving dish and serve.
You can use a small amount of bacon fat to increase the flavor. This salad is most often served warm or at room temperature to get the best flavor.