Salad is a dish contains a mixture of small pieces of food, like vegetables with sauce or salad dressing. Here is a delicious grilled vegetable salad, which is prepared by grilling fresh vegetable and is served room temperature.
- Olive oil – 2 to 3 tbsp.
- Baby Bella mushrooms (stems trimmed and cut halved) – 8 ounces
- Red onion (cut into 1/4-inch thick rings) – 1
- Red bell pepper (cut into 1/4-inch wide strips) – 1
- Zucchini (cut crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices) – 1
- Red wine vinegar – 2 tbsp.
- Salt – 1/2 tsp.
- Ground black pepper – 1/4 tsp.
- Dried oregano – 1/4 tsp.
- Garlic cloves (finely chopped) – 5
- Brush olive oil on the grill pan to grease.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Place the mushrooms, bell peppers, zucchini and onions in a shallow dish and stir to combine well.
- In a large bowl, add vinegar, oregano, salt, garlic and black pepper and whisk together. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil and whisk again to make the marinade.
- Add the mixed vegetables to the marinade and toss. Then wait while the grill pan heats up.
- Arrange the vegetables on the greased grill pan. Turn the vegetables when they are all charred slightly and cooked through. Grill them for about 20 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from the grill and place them back into the large bowl with leftover marinade.
- Toss vegetables with remaining marinade.
- Place them in a serving dish and serve.
You can use vinaigrette on any salad or as a marinade for chicken, fish or vegetable. You can substitute basil for cilantro if you like.