Looking for healthy vegetable recipes? Here are 3 delicious and easy to cook healthy vegetable recipe for you to try! These are healthy yet mouthwatering at the same time.
Roasted Celery Root with Cumin and Parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 large celery root (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- Put a baking sheet inside an oven rack position at the middle. Heat up the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Chop the cumin seeds and throw to a bowl. Trim the ends of the celery root and peel and get rid of the exterior. Cut the root into 3/4-inch-thick planks and make 3/4-inch cubes of the planks. Throw the cubes in the bowl along with the cumin seeds, olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Cut the red onion into halving and slice them thinly. Withdraw the hot baking sheet from the oven and spread the cubes. Add the onion slices to the bowl the celery root was in and coat them with the residual oil and seasonings. Place the onions over the celery root and put back into the oven for a roast. In case the onions are in some contact with the pan they would get too dark or burn.
- As soon as the cubes begin to brown on the bottom, may take 15 minutes, toss up the vegetables around, scatter the onions around the pan, flatten again and continue to roast till the vegetables are very soft when pierced with a knife, about 10 minutes more. Withdraw from the oven and cool it for a few minutes before throwing with the parsley leaves and a drip some olive oil.
Vegetarian Pot Pie
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 small heads fennel, finely chopped (3 cups)
1/2 yellow onion, thinly chopped
2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly chopped (2 or 3 cups)
12 ounces white button mushrooms, sliced (5 cups)
1 russet potato, peeled and diced small (about 2 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup flour
1 cup mushroom broth
1 cup whole milk
1 cup frozen baby green peas
1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh chives
1/4 cup parsley
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 large egg yolk
7 ounces store-bought puff pastry or pie dough