- Onion (chopped) – 1 cup
- Garlic (minced) – 5 tsp.
- Extra-virgin olive oil – 2 tbsp.
- Eggplant (trimmed, peeled and cut into ½ -inch pieces) – 1 pound
- Zucchini (½ -inch pieces) – 2 cups
- Red bell pepper (½ -inch pieces) – 1 cup
- Tomato paste – 2 tbsp.
- Red wine vinegar – 2
- Fresh thyme (chopped) – 1 tsp.
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Portobello mushrooms (stems removed) – 4
- Italian parsley (chopped) – 1/4 cup
- Ready-to-use spinach leaves – 10 ounce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add chopped onion, 3 tsp garlic and 1 tbsp olive oil in a medium-large ovenproof pan and mix well. Cover the pan and cook over medium-low heat for about 15 minutes or until onion is very tender. Add eggplant and stir. Cover and cook again for 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini, red bell pepper, tomato paste, red wine vinegar, chopped fresh thyme and cayenne pepper. Stir and cover; bake for about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and add mushrooms. Cook for about 10 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle parsley and garlic over mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are very tender.
- Subsequently, heat 1 tsp olive oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add spinach and cook for about 2 minutes or until wilted.
- Place spinach among 4 plates and top each with mushroom. Fill mushrooms with Ratatouille.
Each stuffed mushroom of this recipe can be drizzled with a little balsamic vinegar. You can garnish it with sprigs of fresh oregano.