Salad is a dish contains a mixture of small pieces of food, like vegetables with sauce or salad dressing. Here is a pumpkin and spinach salad recipe, which will be perfect as a side dish with a main meal at lunch or dinner.
- Butternut pumpkin (peeled and cut into wedges) – 600g
- Whole-grain mustard – 2 tsp.
- Toasted pine nuts – 1 packet (75g)
- Olive oil – 2 tsp.
- Baby spinach leaves – 1 packet (150g)
- Sesame seeds – 2 tsp.
- Fresh lemon juice – 1 tbsp.
- Honey – 1 tbsp.
- Extra virgin olive oil – 2 tbsp.
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper – to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220° C.
- Line a baking tray with a baking sheet.
- Place the butternut pumpkin wedges in a large bowl. Add olive oil and honey; toss to combine well. Season them with black pepper and salt. Toss gently to coat pumpkin wedges.
- Arrange pumpkin wedges in a single layer on the baking tray. Place the tray into the preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown and turn once during baking.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle sesame seeds evenly over baked pumpkin. Put it back in oven and bake until the seeds are lightly toasted or for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the tray from oven and set aside to cool.
- In a screw-top jar, add the lemon juice, mustard, extra virgin olive oil and honey. Shake them until well combined. Season with black pepper and salt.
- In a large bowl, place pumpkin, pine nuts and spinach. Drizzle the dressing over the pumpkin mixture and gently toss until combined.
- Place the salad in a serving dish and serve immediately.
You can toss the salad with mint and spread some crumbled feta cheese over the top of the salad.
You May Also Read
|2 Quick & Easy Recipes of Sweet Potato | Best Sweet Potato Recipes|
|The Simplest Way to Prepare Baked French Toast|
|Easy & Tasty Gluten-free Ramen Recipe | Gluten-free Ramen Recipe|