Potato fries are usually made by either baking or frying. They are commonly seasoned with a variety of spices like paprika, chili, garlic, salt and pepper. It can be served at diners or as a side dish with a main meal.
- Large Russet Potatoes – 6
- Chili Powder – 1 tbsp.
- Ground Garlic Powder – 1 tbsp.
- Granulated Onion – 2 tsp.
- Italian Seasoning – 2 tsp.
- Paprika – 1 tsp.
- Olive Oil or Canola Oil – 4 tbsp.
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper – to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450° F.
- Line with aluminum foil on the baking tray and place them into the oven to be preheated so that the baking sheets will be preheated also.
- Rinse potatoes and cut them into either wedges or stick shape. Place them on an oven proof dish and bake them until they are mostly cooked through or for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool a bit.
- Add chili powder, garlic powder, granulated onion, paprika, Italian seasoning and olive oil in a large mixing bowl and mix. Then add partially baked potatoes and toss them together to coat well. Season them with salt and black pepper.
- Arrange the potatoes on the previously prepared hot baking tray and make sure that they are all in one layer.
- Place the tray into the preheated oven and roast them for about 20 minutes or until they become crispy.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and serve immediately.
You have to check the potatoes during baking and rotate the baking sheets around if you think that they are browning too soon on one side and not another side.