Pudding is a dessert or savory dish. Typically, they are rich, fairly homogeneous starch or dairy-based desserts like rice pudding, Treacle sponge pudding and Christmas pudding. Here is a sponge pudding recipe consists of caster sugar, jam or syrup.
- Butter – 50g (2 ounce)
- Caster sugar – 50g (2 ounce)
- Self raising flour – 50g (2 ounce)
- Medium egg (beaten) – 1
- Milk – 2 tbsp.
- Jam or syrup – 2 tbsp.
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Put butter and caster sugar in a medium bowl and beat together until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
- Add the egg and milk gradually in the mixture and beat again; so as not to curdle the butter.
- Sift in the self raising flour using a shiver and fold in gently.
- Take 2 tbsp of golden syrup, jam or treacle in the bottom of a microwave-proof dish. Pour the egg and milk mixture.
- Cover the dish and place into the preheated oven and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the pudding appears set when gently jiggled and the top appears sticky.
- Serve hot.
If you don’t have an oven, then bake at 180°C/fan and 160°C/gas for 30-40 minutes until the milk-egg mixture becomes set and the top appears sticky