Smoothie is thick drink made by blending raw fruits or vegetables with other ingredients like water, crushed ice, dairy products or sweeteners. A smoothie containing dairy products is similar to a milkshake, although the latter typically contains less fruit and often contains ice cream.
What we need:
- Fresh watermelon (cubed and black seeds removed) – 1 ½ Cups (240 g)
- Frozen strawberries – 1 Cup (120 g)
- Ripe banana (previously peeled, chopped and frozen) – ½ (50 g)
- Unsweetened plain almond milk – ½ – ¾ Cup (120 – 180 ml)
- Lime (juiced) – 1 (30 ml)
- Chia or hemp seeds (optional) – 1 Tbsp
How to make it:
- Put all ingredients to the blender and blend until it becomes creamy and smooth.
- You can add more almond milk to thin and more frozen strawberries or frozen bananas to thicken.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as you want, you can add more lime for acidity, watermelon for a more intense watermelon flavor, or banana for sweetness.
- Serve by topping with additional Chia seeds to mock watermelon seeds.