- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp.
- Large garlic cloves (finely chopped) – 2
- Onion (diced) – 1/2
- Chicken breast (thinly sliced) – 5 ounce (150 g)
- Shallot stalks (cut into 1.5″/4 cm pieces) – 3
- Eggs (lightly beaten) – 2
- Cooked jasmine rice (cold, preferably refrigerated overnight) – 3 cups
For sauce –
- Fish sauce – 2 tbsp.
- Oyster sauce – 1½ tbsp.
- Sugar – 1 tsp.
To serve –
- Tomato wedges
- Cucumber slices
- Fresh coriander
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add vegetable oil. Add garlic to the oil and stir fry for about 20 seconds. Then mix diced onion and fry for about 1 minute.
- Add shallots stalks and chicken slices to the skillet and cook until the chicken turns white or for about 1 minute.
- Set the chicken slices to the side of the skillet and pour the beaten egg into the middle. Stir it quickly for about 30 seconds.
- Add the cooked rice to the chicken mixture and combine well. Add sauce ingredients and mix well. Stir fry the rice mixture for about 2 – 3 minutes to coat all the rice with the sauce.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately by garnishing with fresh coriander, cucumbers and tomato slices.
Garnishing the Thai chicken fried rice with tomato and cucumber slices is truly an authentic process. You can decorate it as you wish.