This cheesy tuna baked potato makes a healthy family meal with salad. We used ricotta in this recipe, which can be replaced with cottage cheese if you desire and you make this dish with salmon, just use canned salmon instead of tuna.
- Potatoes – 2 x 200g
- Capsicum (diced) – 1/4
- Tuna (drained) – 100g
- Cheese (grated) – 30g
- Spring onion (sliced) – 1
- Corn – 1/4 cup
- Ricotta (or cottage cheese) – 3 tbsp.
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper – to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Pierce potatoes with a skewer for several times and put on an ovenproof plate. Place into a microwave oven and bake for about 8 to 9 minutes or until tender. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool at room temperature.
- Place capsicum, corn, onion, tuna, grated cheese and ricotta in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and black pepper; mix gently to combine.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Cut potatoes into half in long ways and arrange onto the lined tray. Place the tuna mixture onto each potato evenly. Place the tray into the preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place into a serving dish.
- Serve warm with a side salad.
This tuna potato recipe is very easy to prepare and it makes a perfect lunch option. You can take the leftovers of this dish to work the next day; just reheat in a microwave oven for about 2 to 3 minutes.