Pizza is a yeasted flatbread, most commonly topped with tomato sauce, cheese, meats, vegetables and condiments and baked in an oven. Pizza baked in an oven with stone bricks above the heat or an electric deck oven or a conveyor belt oven in restaurants and in the case of more expensive restaurants, a wood or coal fired brick oven is used.
- Solid white tuna (in water, drained) – 1 can (170 g)
- Canned chickpeas (rinsed and drained) – 1 cup
- Reduced fat mayonnaise – 1 tbsp.
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp.
- Green onion (finely chopped) – 1
- Ground black pepper – 1/8 tsp.
- Whole wheat pitas – 4
- Baby spinach – 2 cups
- Grated cheddar – 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Line a large baking paper on a baking tray.
- Add tuna, mayonnaise, olive oil, chickpeas, ground black pepper and half of the chopped green onion in a medium bowl and combine well.
- Put the pitas on the baking tray. Arrange baby spinach among the pitas and add a layer of tuna mixture over the spinach layer. Then add a layer of cheddar cheese on top of each pita.
- Place them in the preheated oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and cut each pita into half.
- Place them in a serving platter and garnish with remaining green onions.
This tuna melt pita pizza is an easy and quick twist to your average tuna melt. It looks great and tastes delicious.