Muffin is individually sized, baked bread product. Muffins are similar to cupcakes in size and cooking procedure, but the main difference between them is: cupcakes tend to be sweet desserts using cake batter. Muffins are great lunch box filler.
- All purpose flour – 1.5 cups
- Baking powder – 1.5 tsp.
- Extra virgin olive oil – 1/3 cup
- Onion (chopped) – 4 tsp.
- Capsicum (chopped) – 4 tbsp.
- Pizza or marinara sauce – 1/2 cup
- Egg – 1
- Sugar – 1 tsp.
- Mozzarella cheese (grated) – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 1 tsp.
- Dry herbs – 2 tsp.
- Preheat oven to 200° C.
- Place a medium pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the chopped onions and stir fry them for about 2 minutes. Add chopped capsicum to the pan and stir fry until they are half cooked or for about 5 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, take flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together and mix; set aside. Then add the fried onion and capsicum mixture, oil, egg and marinara sauce gradually; mix them until well combined.
- Grease the moulds and pour the prepared batter into the mould. Place them in the preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Remove muffins from the oven and spread grated cheese over the top and put it back into the oven and bake until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven when the cheese melts and allow them to cool; serve.
These cheesy vegetarian pizza muffins are so simple to prepare, but they looks very delicious and yummy.