Skewers are thin metal or wood stick, which is used to hold pieces of vegetables, meat or any kinds of other foods together. Skewers are usually used for grilling or roasting meats or vegetables with other spice ingredients.
- Cremini Mushrooms – 2 cups
- Cherry tomatoes – 1 cup
- Red bell pepper (cut into chunks) – 1
- Green bell pepper (cut into chunks) – 1
- Red onion (cut into chunks) – 1
- Zucchini (sliced into thick rounds) – 1
- Yellow zucchini (sliced into thick rounds) – 1
Fro Marinade –
- Olive oil – 1/4 cup
- Garlic (pressed) – 3 cloves
- Lemon juice of 1 lemon
- Dried oregano – 1/2 teaspoon
- Dried basil – 1/2 teaspoon
- Kosher salt – to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Add olive oil, oregano, garlic, lemon juice and basil in a small mixing bowl and whisk together to combine well. Season them with salt and black pepper.
- Take a skewer and thread mushrooms, bell peppers, zucchini, tomatoes and onion onto skewers. Place them on a baking tray and brush olive oil mixture over the skewers. Let them sit for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Put them into the preheated oven and bake for about 10 – 12 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from oven and arrange in a serving dish. Serve warm.
This colorful vegetable skewers are so much appealing to eat and it is like sprinkles in savory food form. You can also grill them over medium-high heat for about 5 – 6 minutes per side or until tender.
You May Also Read
|Easy Way to Make a Breakfast Burrito | Healthy Breakfast Burrito Recipe|
|Delicious Pasta e Fagioli Olive Garden Recipe | Top Secret Recipe|
|Creamy Banana Strawberry Smoothie Recipe | Fruit Smoothie Recipes|