- Butter – 4 tsp.
- Olive oil – 4 tsp.
- Leeks (white part only, sliced thinly) – 3 lg.
- Zucchini (sliced 1/4 inch thick) – 4 medium
- Yellow squash (sliced 1/4 inch thick) – 2 medium
- Salt – 1/2 tsp.
- Freshly ground pepper – 1/2 tsp.
- Grated lemon peel – 1 tsp.
- Place two large skillet over medium high heat and heat 2 teaspoons of butter on one and 2 teaspoons of oil in another skillet. Then add half of the sliced leeks to each skillet and sautee for about 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add half of the zucchini slice and yellow squash to each skillet. Stir occasionally and sauteé for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender and crisp.
- Add salt, ground pepper and grated lemon peel and toss. Place the mixture in the shallow 3-quart baking dish. Cover the dish and place in refrigerator for 5 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Remove the sautéed leek and zucchini from the refrigerator before one hour of baking. Place them into the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove from oven and place in a serving platter and serve.
This sautéed zucchini and leek can be served with a BBQ, with a roast, or any kind of grilled meat. Instead of zucchini, you can use squash or broccoli if you wish.